This past weekend Isabella and I signed up for The Little Gym, an instructor lead gymnastics class similar to Gymboree--her Aunt Susan reccomended it. She's in a age group called The Super Beasts--very fitting for toddlers! Each week has a theme, the session we attended was fine motor skills. She got to play with the wooden sticks (glocks?) that I used in elementary school music class, walk the balance beam (she did surprisingly well) and even learned to do a front roll (with assistance from the instructor)! The interaction with other children and the scheduling/inforcement of timed activities will be good for her. I am going to continue to take her on Saturdays even when I'm in school, but for now it's relaxing to just work and then be done on the weekends with time to spend with her---no worrying about tests or deadlines. I love summer time!
On Sunday we went the Aunt Susan's again to swim and ate hot dogs/hamburgers from the grill...a very summer-y day! We had a great time. I love to see Isabella being such a big girl, being braver (i.e. trying to swim by herself) and spending time with Mia and Summer. At 1, almost 2, and almost 4 years old it's inevitable that they'll have spats---but most of the time they run around, joke and giggle. So precious.



I can't believe it's almost July. The summer is coming to a close and I feel like it's barely started. I'm just thankful that I've spent most of my time taking Isabella to work with me, because come fall it'll be back to the craziness we're used to!
No comments:
Post a Comment